Updated: Mar 27, 2020
Vegan energy bar packed full of clean ingredients!
These bars......SO incredibly good! They have CLEAN ingredients and are both healthy & filling! YUM!!
Full recipe shown in my YouTube video below!
1 1/2 cups Organic Rolled Oats
1 1/4 cups Rice Puffs or Rice Cereal
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut
2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
1/4 cup Peanut or Almond Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Line a 9" square cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice cereal, sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt and mix.
3. In a small sauce pan, stir together the nut butter and syrup until well combined. Cook over medium heat until the mixture bubbles slightly, then remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
4. Once cooled- mix in chocolate chips. Pour nut butter mixture over the oat mixture and spread evenly over oat mixture. Lightly wet your hands and press down the oat mixture firmly to even it out.
5. Place in freezer uncovered and chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
6. Lift bars out of pan and cut into 12 bars. Wrap them individually and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 1 month.
12 bars - 7sp (blue & green) or 6sp (purple)
16 bars - 5sp (all plans)
Recipe inspired by Oh She Glows cookbook (to order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1583335277/?ref=exp_jennswwjourney_dp_vv_d )